Patients scheduled for treatment or surgery
- If your surgery or appointment is cancelled, someone from the hospital will contact you.
- If you do not hear anything from us, please show up as planned.
- If you are quarantined, in isolation or sick, contact the hospital to cancel your appointment.
- If you are unsure whether you should come to the hospital or not – please contact us before arrival.
These rules apply to both patients and companions. You will find the phone number to the department in the appointment letter. You can also look up the department on our website: https://unn.no/avdelinger.
Next of kin may visit, but we cannot let too many in at the same time. Therefore, there are visiting restrictions:
- Do not come if you have covid symptoms or are in quarantine.
- All visitors must have an appointment: Call the ward to make arrangements before visiting.
- Follow infection control rules: Disinfect your hands frequently, and keep a safe distance.
Information for the pregnant and women in labour
- All pregnant women must call the maternity ward before arrival.
- Partner can participate during birth and caesarean section, but this must be agreed upon with the ward in advance.
- Partner must be healthy, move about as little as possible inside the hospital, keep their distance and always ensure good cough and hand hygiene.
- Only partner can visit. Siblings or other family members cannot visit as long as the woman is in the maternity ward at the hospital.
We ask for your understanding for carrying out these measures, and will do our best to ensure that the birth and your stay at the maternity ward is a safe and good experience.