Patients scheduled for treatment or surgery
Some of the planned operations and consultations are cancelled due to the Corona outbreak. If your surgery or appointment is cancelled, someone from the hospital will contact you.
If you do not hear anything from us, please show up as planned.
If you are quarantined, in isolation, or sick, get in touch with the hospital to cancel your appointment.
If you have doubts on whether you should come to the hospital – please contact us before arrival.
These rules apply to both patients and companions. You will find the phone number to the department where you have an appointment in the summons letter. You can also look up the department on our website: https://unn.no/avdelinger
New visitation rules
Next of kin may now visit, but we cannot let too many in at the same time. Therefore, there will still be visiting restrictions and access control at the hospital entrances.
Information for the pregnant/women in labour
All pregnant women must call the maternity ward before arrival. You will be asked about respiratory symptoms, quarantine and isolation due to suspected or confirmed covid-19, as well as travel activity in the last 10 days. The midwife will inform you about transport, arrival and stay at the maternity ward.
Patients with Corona - or suspected Corona - will be separated from other patients and pregnant women.
- Partner must be healthy, move about as little as possible inside the hospital, keep their distance and always ensure good cough and hand hygiene.
- Visitors enter at the hospital's main entrance, and all visits to the ward are registered in a visit protocol
- Partner can only participate in routine ultrasound, and in some fetal medical consultations. Details must be agreed with the staff. Telephone/video consultations will be considered.
- Partner can participate in active birth and caesarean section.
- For women admitted for observation, or initiation of birth, the hospital's visit regulations apply: 1 visit for 1 hour per day. Visits must be agreed with the staff.
- Partner can be admitted to the maternity ward with the mother and child the first day after birth. Further accommodation is assessed day by day. In Harstad, accommodation is considered only for special needs.
- If a partner returns home, the hospital's visit regulations apply: 1 visit per hour per day.
- Partner can stay overnight at the maternity hotel. The hospital’s visit regulations apply: 1 visit for 1 hour per day.
- Parents cannot take the newborn baby out of the hospital until the baby is discharged. We recommended that mother and child stay in the ward until they are ready to be discharged.
We ask for your understanding for carrying out these measures, and will do our best to ensure that the birth and your stay at the maternity ward is a safe and good experience.